Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Remodel.

The Pollard residence is having its master bathroom remodeled by the handyman across the street, no less. This is really cool and crazy to watch, but this means that my bathroom now has three occupants instead of just one: me. This has taught me a lot of managing time, now that showers have to be timed and almost scheduled, but greater still is the lesson of humility this remodel has brought to mind.

The bathroom being remodeled is a sign that this house's days are numbered. It's always been inevitable, reader, that our house would eventually end up on the market, since my mother will (hopefully she hopes her children will mature in the Lord and begin families of our own some day) eventually be the only one warming a nearly vacant nest. I don't know (she won't tell me) whether or not this house holds regrets and shame and bad memories now post-divorce, but there weren't that many good memories to be soured in my memory. In fact, I don't remember many interesting stories or games or events around my house. I'll shed no tears to wave this structure gone, but I will for the inhabitants. Symbols are cool, but this one is melancholy. Soon enough we'll find another place to call home, but my home will follow me, for God is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment