Friday, February 10, 2012

"And now my lifesong sings to you"

I once was lost, but now I'm found.*
I was so far away, but I'm home now;
I once was lost, but now I'm found.
And now my lifesong sings:


I once was blind, but now I see.*
I don't know how, but when He touched me...
I once was blind, but now I see.
And now my lifesong sings:**


I once was dead, but now I live*
Now my life to You I give**


Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
Let my lifesong sing to you...


-Casting Crowns "And Now My Lifesong Sings to You."
*x=repeated line


Reader, however deep and philosophical and true the logos of the history of God's creation may be, however deep and thorough you research, however many evangelistic debates and conversations we pursue-- let it never be that we forget the magic of God's love. Unconditional love is unfathomable... but life not only would not function without it, nor would life be bearable without Him. Jesus's spit opened the blind man's eyes, but the Roman guards and the Pharisees spit on Him to prove how blind and unclean they really were. Jesus's parable tells of the unconditional love of the Father, but the Pharisees and their fathers before them killed the prophets of God, and refused to rejoice when the blind see, when the lame walk, when the deaf hear, when the mute sing, when the lost are found, and when the dead live.

Now my life... to You I give.
Now my life to You I give.
Now my ^life^...... to You I give.
Hallelujah; hallelujah! Let my lifesong sing of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment