Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.

This song has been on my mind the last while--I wish we sang it in church. It's a beautiful harmony, a beautiful song, about our beautiful Comforter.

I just noticed that the NIV has come out with a newer translation of the Bible, based more on modern English to compromise for better readability, which really makes me sad. Guess I'll be looking into a different translation to memorize--I can't preach from a translation that isn't used any longer! Nor, I guess, could I compromise.

I remember as a child, I used to drill memory verses with my mother until I could say them "by heart." Apparently my mother often grew weary of my poor memory, but she kept having me write them and say them until I was sure that "the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night." (Psalm 121:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment