Monday, November 7, 2011

I can show you the world.

The title of this post comes from the popular song from "Aladdin," the Disney movie about a pauper whose character is deemed "a diamond in the rough" and with the help of his rather intelligent monkey Ahboo, a flying carpet, and a genie in a bottle displays his valor in defying the evil sorcerer who seeks to seize the kingdom by forcing the hand of Princess Jasmine. SPOILER! Yep. Haha... I figure "Aladdin" is a popular enough story that everyone has at least that much knowledge.

Well, it also happens to be my younger siblings' favorite song. Calvin used to sing it incessantly, and now Soo asks me to sing it whenever I push her high into the sky on her swing in Tehachapi. As a result of these two dear siblings, I've pretty much memorized this song, regardless of whether I wanted to or not :)

But!! Here's the kicker (and by kicker, I mean God's amazing providence!)-- I sang this song in Prague to Princess Pei-Pei in a skit as Jackie Chan. Needless to say, teaching a class of eight 10-12 year old girls and six boys of the same age suddenly became chaotic and warm... not necessarily in that order. So I'd been preparing not only to teach/handle/carry/chase five year olds by watching Soo, but I'd also been singing the same song for a month!

"Oh, how I love Jesus. Oh, how I love Jesus. Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me!"

Whenever Yun-Soo sings this song, my heart overflows with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment