Friday, November 18, 2011

September, 9/2/11 - 9/23/11

9/2/11
Father, thank You for granting us a safe trip driving to phoenix. thank You for such great friends in Christ as william, ciaran, and the blakes. please help me to glorify You tomorrow in my words and my heart, and make me into a wise and mature man of action, who runs hard after Your heart. give me the strength to lead, and bind Your word to my tongue as well as my hands and forehead.

9/3/11
LORD, You are thrice holy. You are the Head of your people; we are a backsliding, adulterous, unfaithful, faithless, disloyal, and illegitimate bride, yet You love us and choose us and create new hearts in us to make us love You and walk in Your Word, Way, Truth, Life, Wisdom, Law, and Love, for You are all these things! You are our bedrock of hope, and You are faithful to the faithless.

Love to the loveless shown, that we might lovely be.


please keep vicki safe, and cause her to trust in You all the more!

9/6/11
Father, only two months ago You held my hand as i traveled [otherwise] alone through the windy ocean airs, back to a place where You told me to guard the lambs, to practice shepherding Your flock, and to fend off wolves. yet i am still alone, Lord! You are my fulfillment, my contentment, and my joy--[and You bring me a helper that I am never alone]. i am content to rely on You alone for that strength and courage, though.

please guide Calvin in school. he needs Your hand to steer him to lean on You and trust You, in spite of our poor leaders. [let me be a light for him, and let him follow me as i follow You.]

be with erin and vicki, Father, and assure them of Your protection and redemption.

9/8/11
thank You, Lord, for the skype prayer meetings You have provided to center and end my day with.

9/11/11
Father, please give me a job to serve You and to feed Your sheep. how can i feed thm if You do not feed me Yourself? thank You for restoring, regenerating, and redeeming this progical.

9/15/11
Remember the summers when the money's gone? 
You'd sing all your little songs 
that meant everything to me--
I'll remember you:
and the things that we used to do
and the things that we used to say,
I'll remember you that way.


Father, You know how much more than all else You are to me, but there are idols yet in my heart that grasp for Your throne of grace. please starve, break, and reform my life to glorify You, and let me sing of Your love in this life with every joyful breath and every grateful sigh and every somber thought of my heart.

9/16/11
blessed are You, O LORD my God, Creator and King and Redeemer of the universe, for the effects of nyquil. and for the effectiveness of Your gospel that even i might be saved.

9/22/11
Father, forgive me for not keeping a faithful journal, as I have not kept a faithful watch over sin in my life. i only pray You would restore me to the joy of Your salvation, and that the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart would be pleasing in Your sight, my Rock, my Redeemer.

9/23/11
Father, You are the Lord of my life, yet i cannot seem to discipline myself effectively any longer; i think it is time for You to restrict Your child-in-err and restore me. please don't take Your hand of grace from my life but use it to redeem me again and grasp me firmly, that i may not slip. thank You for the good friends You've placed in my life!

Lead me with strong hands.
Stand up when I can't.

1 comment:

  1. it means a lot (though it is a little weird) to see you pray for us. :D

    ReplyDelete