Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Tuner

The D#/Eb key proximal to middle C has been "sticky" for the past year, and my family has been collectively lazy--I was lax in calling the tuner to come check things out. He's in there now, tapping each key incessantly a few seconds each, but it turns out many others of the cloths holding the hammers in place had been torn, due to normal use. Or maybe I'd hammered out too many notes, belting out the high notes with the cords of my voice and the cords of the piano--the closest contender to the human voice. Brass... that's the only thing a human voice can't imitate. Anyways, this miracle man worked his wonders on our piano, with the help of some glue, and is tuning our piano back into good health!

I'm excited :) There's only so much a pianist can do when his instrument is flawed.

1 comment: