Thursday, October 6, 2011

Punctuated Basilar Membranes.

Yesterday stretched me thin, only to be punctured with yet another conversation that breaks my heart.

"Don't preach at me."

I woke up early in the morning to bring my requests to God, something which has been eluding me in my sin. But my Father roused me from sleep, and called me to worship him and work for him yet another day. For that I am grateful!

"This is unacceptable."

I forgot I was awake while taking my shower, so I was five minutes late to my Music Theory class. I'm not learning anything new (just the formal names for the elemental things I took for granted), but I must go to classes to respect and honor my teachers, who inherit their authority from my parents' checkbook. They don't believe that, but that's alright. A dead man can be convinced he is dead, and even when told that dead men do not bleed like the living, he would say to himself "I will cut myself, and PROVE that dead men bleed."

"I forbid you from this, if you cannot return for your curfew."

I'm reading a book called I Know Why the Angels Dance by Bryan Davis, and it is a fictional story of apologetics-- similar to A Severe Mercy's factual account of C. S. Lewis and Sheldon Vanauken's correspondence. It is a story about a 12-year old girl who has dreams that prophesy peoples' death and eternal destiny. Problematic as that is, she finds her urgency in these dreams to evangelize to her atheistic friend and her friend's father.

"You can evangelize in the future! You must be a student now."

My Psychology discussion was SO pointless. The class itself is pointless to attend, yet I attend it anyways, to spend time with my friends. I do not think I will attend the discussion, however--if the TAs do not believe they have authority to demand attention, I will not give it.

"You don't have to be underneath my authority, you know."

Criminology disturbs me by how casually the professor lumps Natural Law (God's moral law, revealed and understood by all) with Positive Law (Might makes right) and Sociological Law (Law reflects society's norms and values). Do they not realize that they must employ Natural Law in order to argue pro-Positive/Sociological systems of law?

Lord, restrain me from frustration, for I am no more superior than they are, lost in sin without your rod and staff to comfort me. Give me grace and humility to answer them.

"We'll discuss this later."

No comments:

Post a Comment