Wednesday, October 26, 2011

August 31st: Yes, we need to be reminded.

8/31/11
though Your waves and breakers crashed over me, i have no cause to fear. Your love is strong, Father, and You calm seas and walk on water as if it were dry land. what?! You've done this before, and this time You carried my sins away in Your burial and baptism, You tied a millstone to them and sunk them to a pit of which their is no recall of remorse--You have forgiven me. You washed my indelible stain by taking it on Yourself and sprinkled the only blood that would do, Teacher, You love me like none other, and You reveal Yourself through Law and fire and bushes and marriage and prophets and letters and songs and parables and love. Pure and simple--You are love. i love You because You loved me, a wretch that hated You with my dying breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment