Thursday, October 13, 2011

August 15th: A Mirror is Harder to Hold

8/15/11
we are heading back to our home fields, Father. You alone have brought us safe and strong thus far. hold the cross before my closing eyes and help me to be a faithful steward in my home as You prepare me to lead Your sheep.

give us faithfulness in the gardens You have placed us in, Father. without Your hand guiding us, our efforts are in vain, and we build and watch for no cause. give us good memories and stirring words to inspire other youths of the great need the czech republic has for a new generation to show and tell of Your saving grace. Father, please break and reform the hearts of the czechs we met and love, because You alone can save. help us to work in the lives of our friends back home as well, and bring the "mountaintop" with us, along with our sense of urgency. Lord, help erin and vicki to minister to nick, bring life through Jesus to ciaran's friend matt, and aid will and me in our efforts at reforming our families to the authority of Your word. You are the Word, You are the passover lamb from the flocks of bethlehem, You are the Bread of Life; our true substance, You are the Way, the Truth, and Life, You are the Resurrection, You are the Father, Son, and Spirit, and You are my Shepherd. thank You for the amazing time You provided both in english camp and in team praha, and i pray You would give me the opportunity once more. Your will be done.

oh, Father, Your heavens are glorious tonight. though we have not begun to grasp how amazing Your love is, we can see a glimpse of Your awe and wonder. Your sunsets are beautiful, and this evening will last several hours. test my spirit with such beauty, Father, and i will sing forth Your praise. (what else could i do?)

this has been quite the ending to this six-week trip. keep me pure, and lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment