Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm scotch...tape, I'm so dang clear of anything.

Resolved: to take 1 baby aspirin every day from the day I turn 40 years old.
Resolved: to hum when I ought not whistle.
Resolved: to whistle when I ought not sing.
Resolved: to sing often.
Resolved: to master language, like Humpty Dumpty, and to forever enjoy puns. 
Resolved: to place another soul's confession of sins and subsequent repentance and sanctification as my highest joy.
Resolved: to place another soul's recantation of Christ as my lowest sorrow.
Resolved: to wear belts out.
Resolved: to make my joy centered on Christ and Him crucified and resurrected, and in the proclamation, centering my joy on my neighbor.
Resolved: to never fall in a state of denial when I start losing my hair. 
Resolved: to suit up! in the armor of God, remembering the sackcloth of mournful contrition Christ took from me. 
Resolved: to bleed myself dry, like the Maker.


I'm got an essay to write-- the rough draft of the final installment in the research on John Calvin. So naturally, O reader, besides writing like a Greek, I dropped some brainwaves here in the form of my resolutions.

Also, watch this , if you'd like a good laugh at a good prank. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment