Thursday, March 22, 2012

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Hello, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band! Goodbye, Sgt. Pepper's! Good morning, good morning, Sun! King, her majesty, Polythene Pam (she's so heavy!) [she] came in through the bathroom window. Tomorrow never knows a day in the life within you; without you, Lucy in the sky with diamonds? Carry that weight, lovely Rita with a little help from my friends. Rain something, paperback writer, being for the benefit of Mt. Kite. Oh! Darling, here comes the sun!

Hey Jude, all you need is love back in the U.S.S.R. You never give me your money, mean Mr. Mustard; taxman, let it be while my guitar gently weeps! Happiness is: a warm gun, golden slumbers, fixing a hole, getting better, strawberry fields forever, the inner light, revolution, helter skelter. Got to get you into my life, Julia Eleanor Rigby; get back the long and winding road Penny Lane. I want you, lady Madonna. Come together octopus's garden, maxwell's silver hammer, glass onion. Because she's leaving home, I am the walrus. Don't let me down when I'm sixty-four.

The ballad of John and Yoko: love you to the end.

Revolution 1!
Revolution 9!

Forgive the title. I know it's theologically fallacious: where does grace fit in? I just lifted it as the only lyric in the Beatles's song "The End," which seems fitting, since I'll be taking the final in 10 hours! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment