Saturday, September 24, 2011

July 18th: Mitigation

7/18/11
Dear Lord, please make me a wise steward of the church's money, and let me be faithful in keeping a strict expense report. Thank You for my mother's thoughtfulness in packing, and thank You that only the jams were confiscated. Thank You for the morning run with Havalind, and please provide a helper for me. You have given me bad examples to turn away from, but You have also sent Your Son to be the excellent example. Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. Make me humble like the Christ.

7/18/11
Last night's sunset was spectacular, and Your generous beauty awes me. Thank You for my new Czech friends, and thank You for helping me to save money throughout the past year to pay for such expenses as Katka Hartmanova's bowling accident last night. Thank You for saving me from sickness last night, and thank You for the 110 Kc bus ticket. Thank You that my foolish error with stamping the wrong bus fare did not cost me another fine! But thank You also for sending us to rescue the Teahans in their distressful confusion. Thank You for the friends and the conversations we had last night. Please help me and prepare me for many more deep troubles of the soul and for the heavy task of leading young children. Please pull the Pacovsky's hearts to a more biblical and trusting understanding of Your power and majestic sovereignty over all things. Thank You, Father, for loving me and my pitiful love, my skoda laska.

God, You are marvelous. Thank You for giving the Farniks such a strong calling; please strengthen them and do not let them be discouraged.

Spirit, guard my heart from unwanted and improper wanderings, because honestly, I am easily lost. Redeem me daily, and teach me the Truth.

---This was the night when I decided to start spending money. And no, I didn't spend it on beer... that came from my own pocket :)

I miss Havalind and the rest of the Farniks.

No comments:

Post a Comment