Wednesday, September 14, 2011

July 13th: Showers of Blessing

7/13/11
Father, though I pray for the class as a whole, each individual student is close to my heart and receives precious prayers.
There are five boys You have given me, and some of them are more eager than others. Samuel and Michael are attentive to the words I speak. Tomas and Janek are much less focused, though they seem to be competent to grasp the message. I pray especially for Martin--Father, he does not speak a word of English and is a distraction in my class. I pray that You would guide his heart, and that Jared would do an extraordinary measure of translation to convey the powerful words of hope. Please open their ears and quiet their hearts to know You, the Creator of diverse languages and all things.
My girls number seven, Father, and they are likewise divided in their attentions. Eliska, Maja, and Monika are quiet and listen to the lessons Mrs. Herrmann prepared and to Your words. Elis, Anne, Kiki, and Honca do not, and do not consider their classmates' attention during our lesson. Help them to know the reason for their English lessons--spurned by our love for You, Lord! Give them the desire to know how "Love saves the day."
Thank You for guarding us and leading us through the skit tonight, Lord. I have much to learn about performance, but let me never grow prideful and forget that Your words are more important than daily bread You provide. Thank You for using my sister, Yun-Soo, to prepare me for the stage act tonight. What a marvelous act of providence! Using multiple blessings at once to drench me with! Please instill true ground in the hearts and minds of the children I teach--let the seed not fall on thorns or rocky paths or thin-faithed dirt. Bring a hundredfold harvest to the Farniks' efforts. Thank You for the rain--it is an occasional pleasure to see Your awesome power of the storm and Your arrows shooting forth. Guide me and guard me with Your rod and staff, and do not let my feet slip. Make me a leader, Father, and let others trust me wholeheartedly. Keep my friends and family safe back at home, and bring Team Praha safely and uneventfully to this mission field. Help my witness to only confirm my life with words of wisdom and love, and draw me to be after Your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment