Sunday, September 11, 2011

July 10th: More Than Sleep

7/10/11
Father, with age comes a greater reliance on You--to hold my hand, to bring peace and rest as well as energy and wakefulness. Though I am expected to hold unwise hours this week, there are things worth more than sleep, Father, and love is foremost.
Thank You for the encouraging turn-out at the church service today, Father! That the Czechs are willing to enter open doors is a sign of Your work in opening hearts. Please guard our luggage and things, as my friends and I have decided to put our faith in Your physical presence, and not in simple locks. Please bring me peace over grandfather's knife--let its fate not hinder my spirit or dampen my thoughts. You alone know the future and my heart, but Your will be done in my life; blessed is the Name of the Lord. Please bring peace to my family through me. Bless my words with Your grace, Father, that I would abound in love for lost sheep. Please help me to stop cutting myself while shaving.

Thank You, Father, for giving us such provisions as games and sleep, which are indispensable, but must be held in moderation. Please open the eyes and ears of the Czechs to Your word as it reveals Your will and Your saving grace. Unending love; amazing grace! To save a wretch like me? Let me show such beautiful and unconditional and incomprehensible love, Father, as Your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment