Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dream '11

I had a dream a while back, and I haven't gotten around to posting my recollections until now.
---------------------
I was walking along a road again, this time at night. The air was cold, but I was already cold as ice. Winds curled at my feet, and I noticed I wasn't wearing socks between my feet and shoes, which I never, ever do. (I guess boat shoes won't be in my style--I'm a pretty "grounded" person.) But then I noticed something even stranger: there was a sort of glow that I perceived to surround the ground near my feet, so that my path was illuminated. My groggy mind reached to the poetic psalmist; "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (119: 105) Somehow I knew this wasn't a "real" light per say, because it was the faded orange color of old-n-fancy street lamps, unlike the new white fluorescent bulbs sprinkled in UC Irvine's Aldrich Park and that dot my street. This glow was interestingly only in my perception, splitting the dark shadows along the asphalt.
-------------------
And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment