Saturday, July 21, 2012

Jesus is better than my backsliding.

"Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings."
"Behold, we come unto Thee; for Thou art the LORD our God."
-Jeremiah 3:22

My conscience wounds me faithfully, yet I've been struggling with fears and doubts and insecurities that don't seem to abate with my prayers and petitions.

Therefore, from this point onward I will be writing and meditating on a small handful of the ways in which Jesus is better, for the cross is where my conscience rests and my soul finds shelter and great relief.

Much like the Christian in Pilgrim's Progress, my backpacking trip has ceased, and my pack has come off for good; let me not shackle myself to that great burden of all that debt, Father!

-------------------
It breaks her heart to think her love is
only given to a man with hands as cold as ice.

You can't hide your lying eyes
and your smile is a thin disguise;
I thought by now you'd realize
there ain't no way to hide your lying eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment