Thursday, May 26, 2011

Promises Broken

I promised the powers that be to NOT drive anyone anywhere this week. This promise I broke when my neighbor's busted knee began to show bruising, which the Student Health Center correctly diagnosed as his red blood cell count  and platelet count being too low. So I drove him to the hospital, since our RA was legally disallowed to drive him, because employees of the school cannot be held liable. That's a rule that I think is pretty dumb. What if Michael was dying? Would he still have to wait for me to eat my hamburger? And why did I not come running? Was a full stomach worth making my friend wait?

So I drove him to the ER, and waited 5 hours. Our RA took us to dinner, and we got Michael a boba drink he loves a little too much.

But His promises are never broken, and He promises to redeem with an outstretched arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment