Monday, February 10, 2014

I need to study maps.

Long story short, I need to study maps.

I need to study maps because I am good at giving directions, but I have no knowledge of geography beyond my own experience using landmarks.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

So, with the word of God, how can I give directions if I don't know the map? Shall I only derive instruction for others based on my experience of living the Christian life alone, or shall I glean from the wisdom of Scripture and of those who have gone before me? How can I love without knowledge? And how can I trust the promises of God if I don't know that the promisor is faithful?

It's an active stubbornness and arrogance to refuse (or not take advantage of!) the loving advice of elders, and I need to repent of this in more areas than my geographical disorientation, which .... probably? doesn't have anything to do with my Asian-ness, pun notwithstanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment