Monday, January 21, 2013

Who cares about your lonely soul?


We strive toward a larger goal/ Our little lives don't count at all! ("Red and Black," from Les Miserables)

Les Miserables was beautiful. I took a Muslim girl to see it, quite by accident. I have 17 draft posts that I've yet to complete, and half of them look like they'll turn out to be chunky. I served as a substitute teacher for CCA's 3rd-5th grade class and got carried away teaching the crossing of the Jordan River story in Judges 3 that the children didn't get to do their English lessons. I'll reprise that role on Tuesday. I found my gifted fountain pen (thanks, Karina! You can follow her here: http://ninjak322.blogspot.com/). I'm soon going to shave my head to find solidarity with my grandfather'

But those are just little asides that don't matter much. The living and true God does indeed care for our lonely souls, however, and has made our joy from His glory. Salvation is the theme of this world's story. Praise be to God that our little lives are part of that larger goal!

But reader, some of those amazing Bible truths and cool stories from psychology and co. will have to wait. My grandmother is dying and she may not last the week. She was my mother for the times my own was lacking. She exemplified faith and a doulos's heart of worship; she stamped these on me as my inheritance. She has full confidence in her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Q1. What is thy only comfort in life and death?
Answer: That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Savior Jesus Christ; who, with His precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil; and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head; yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by His Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto Him. 

#94 in the red trinity hymnal- "How Firm A Foundation," verse 5 & 6

"E'en down to old age all My people shall prove
My sovereign, eternal, unchangeable love;
and when hoary hairs shall their temples adorn, 
like lambs they shall still in My bosom be borne."

"The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to his foes;
that soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake."

1 comment: