Sunday, May 20, 2012

"I'm walking"

Those two words, three if we don't count the contraction, have come to mean much more to me in the past year. They could imply a resignation and exit of a character from my life. They could mean a thoughtful midnight stroll, when mustard seeds and reclaimed waste water combine to create just the right atmosphere for good thinking, provided you wear a windbreaker jacket; Irvine grows windy at night. This phrase has most recently taken on the nuance of graduation/commencement. And properly, a graduation ceremony is called by both names. I approve. But I will miss the seniors who are exiting my life, for they must move on, though I have spent so little time with them. I am sure Calvin feels the same way, and it won't be long before he will face the carpet in a silly gown and ceremoniously flip his tassels.

On a different note, Coldplay covered Rihanna's "We Found Love." What? Here's the link. I've decided I like Coldplay's rendition better than the original or other covers, because Coldplay is pleasing to my ears, and the others aren't. Except... Tiffany Alvord's cover mashes it with the Beatles' "Here Comes The Sun!" Argh! I'm so torn!

You know you're exceedingly blessed when your greatest cares in the world are how quickly you can drive a car 25 miles throughout finicky traffic situations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment